So, this is a list of tips and tricks God has shown me and taught me during this time. I’m overwhelmed by the love of God and His mercy over my life. I got so distracted by temporary conditional love that I robbed myself of the opportunity to experience the fullness of God’s unconditional love for me. True love is found in God. He is the only one that can satisfy our souls. You can keep running but you're wasting your energy. There’s no one that can love you like Jesus. And that has been the hardest lesson for me to learn but the best at the same time.
1. A fulfilled life comes from God and not a man. If you're living in obedience to God’s will then sis, you are doing it right. Chill out. You are good. You are walking in alignment with the father. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
2. God convicted me on serial dating earlier this year. Instead of using my time to be alone with God, I followed culture’s way of dealing with heart break and ended up needing God to rescue me out of situations I created. And the honest truth is there’s nothing wrong with being alone with God. You are not alone and anything not of God is a distraction. If he’s not the one, I don’t have time for that when I can spend that time with God. In due time I know God will give me the confirmation I need because He’s not a God of confusion. He makes His plan clear to those who want to receive it. Be serious about your devotion to God. Don’t be easily influenced or distracted.
3. Believe it's done and walk in it. I feel like a lot of people who struggle with singleness deal with the thought of never meeting their soulmate. It's a genuine concern but it is something that God has been teaching me to talk to Him about it and move on with the rest of my day. It is so dangerous to sit in those thoughts and let life pass you by. If God has not allowed it to happen, trust that He knows why. Leave it at the altar.
4. Seek first His kingdom (Mathew 6:33). A relationship with a man is great and all but should not be your focus. Seek God not for what He can offer but because of who He is. We are not entitled to anything. God has already done a lot more than we can ever imagine.
5. We know that God is the best lover out there. So why not spend this time learning how to be a great lover from the King of love. The love of God is so radical and so pure. In a world full of hatred, betrayal, hurt and envy, be different. Stand out. Love differently.
6. It's easy for me to slip into fornication or sexual sin if I entertain men due to loneliness. If you are moving outside the will of God to get a man don’t be surprised when you fall into sin even though you thought you were being “smart.” Don’t let the enemy play you.
7. The honest truth is Idk when I’m going to have sex. It could be a year from now or like 20 lol. Look, I’m being honest. Glory be to God who sustains because purity is not easy at all. AT ALL. But when God is your focus the things you're able to achieve is endless. In this discipline, I’m learning loyalty and faithfulness. I’m learning what it means to be committed and how to stick with it. I'm also learning to prioritize what’s mean
ingful and what's not.
8. A healthy successful couple takes two selfless people loving each other as best as they can and not expecting anything in return. It's not about feelings and pleasure. That is what the world teaches us but it's contrary to God's word and standard. 1 Corinthians 13 is a great reference, I encourage you to match the worlds standards by what it says in the word of God.
9. Love is a decision; a mindset and you can cultivate that now. Pray for your husband, pray for your future kids. Take out time to intercede on their behalf. This is true love and it requires sacrifice, dedication and consistency.
10. The most loving thing to do is being the healthiest version of yourself for you and everyone you come in contact with. Hurt people hurt people and healed people heal people.
11. Get out of the mentality that true love is pleasurable. It honestly feels like death because your ridding yourself of any selfishness and it’s all about sacrifice. I pray that God renews our mind to rejoice in the denial of our flesh that we may be great examples of His love (James 1:2) .
12. Men are as human as we are, and we often put them on this pedestal robbing our view of how much higher and mightier/ stronger God is. A man is just a man, but God is so much more that words can't even describe how magnificent He is.
13. Make use of what you have. Love your friends radically. Love your family radically, Love your enemies radically. If you love your future spouse, you want to love them in a special way. So, practice that now. And let it be genuine and let God be your model and He will check trustttt. It’s so important to be faithful with what God has given you. I’m so blessed to have so many friends to love on. What a gift?! And not only friends but family and even strangers.
14. Lastly, walk in the love that the Lord has for you. You are loved, chosen and more than enough. God has already deemed you priceless. The only validation that you need and that matters comes from God. His word alone created the world we live in today. How much more His thoughts and word about you. You’re so so loved!!